Saturday, March 15, 2008

Isadora is 7 and a half months old

Here are some pictures of me that mom and dad took in the last month or so. I am now 7 and a half months old. I weigh 16.08 pounds and measure 27 inches tall. My newest tricks are sitting up on my own and slithering. I also have a little boyfriend at daycare. We sit up and face each other, and play with toys and flap our arms. My teacher told my mom and dad about how I try to steal my boyfriend's pacifier, even though I won't actually use one. I have a reputation for taking toys away from him, too, but I try not to do that too much. I am also eating solid food - so far I've had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, apples, peas, and avocado. Yum. I like it all!

Mom and Dad are working on adding some video clips to the blog, so you can see me laugh at Newman. Check back for updates soon!


I really love this Octopus toy. Each of it's legs plays a different note. I like it so much I drag it around with me when I roll around the dining room in the mornings. Daddy likes to play a game where he props me up on the Boppy and bumps into me with the Octopus. It makes me laugh SO loud!



I can slither all over the house! I'm not crawling yet, but slithering works really well for getting where I want to go. I can even take my octopus with me.



Here I am in the yard with some spring crocus. I have on my Sunday dress - doesn't it look like a sunny, perfect day?


I'm getting ready for my GAP photo shoot here. Mom set up a makeshift photo studio in my bedroom and I think I'm looking pretty, pretty nice!


I am in baby swim class at the YWCA. My friend Leon is in the class with me. He taught me how to slap the water with my hands. I even go underwater, which is what I just did before Daddy took this picture.

I really like sitting on the new couch, sucking my fingers and scratching my fingernails against the fabric. Daddy gets mad when the cats do it, but for some reason I can get away with it!


Aunt Jenn and Uncle Mark came to visit us in Asheville. They got a little preview of parenthood, but for the most part I was well-behaved. They went to the Biltmore estate, Chimney Rock, and of course downtown Asheville.


We went home to Ohio for a few days. While we were there, Ashley came to visit with Ellery. I got to see Arianna, too, along with a lot of other friends and family. Ellery and I are only 41/2 months apart, so we're sure to be good friends!


The UgliDoll gets in on the action while Ellery and I roll around on the floor.


I got to see Aunt Sharon and Uncle Karl in Athens, too. They practiced their baby feeding skills on me. I hadn't seen them since September, when I was only a month old, so they were pretty surprised by how advanced I am!



I also got to see my friends Bill and Sue. We went to the Village Bakery - YUM!


Daddy tried to calm me down at Papa's house by putting me in the Baby Ergo with UglyDoll. I just like leaning over the back to look around.

One of my favorite activities - sucking my fingers while sleeping on my stomach, made even more perfect by it taking place on Daddy's chest. He loves it as much as I do - see how relaxed he is?

No comments:

family portrait

family portrait
we went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant - thank goodness I didn't cause a disturbance!