Tuesday, August 21, 2007

pregnant!

this is the night before Dora was born - my belly is so big we're using it as a table


just a few weeks before Dora's birth


the belly at 8 months at Casey & Sharon's wedding



the belly at Bent Creek



just starting to show



Brian and I found out we were pregnant a few weeks before Thanksgiving. We took three pregnancy tests before we believed it! The night we took the first test we had dinner at La Caterina Trattoria - which I promptly threw up after we got home. Actually, I had stomach flu, but not long after that real morning sickness set in and stayed with me for the first 3 and a half months.

We told our families at Christmas about our big news, and then shared the news with friends and coworkers in late January. The pregnancy progressed really well and we couldn't believe how active our baby was. We could sit and watch my stomach jump around in the evenings - the alien stomach we called it. Towards the end of pregnancy, we made a belly cast so we could always remember how round I was. I loved being pregnant, but by the end I was ready for the baby to arrive. Brian was really supportive all throughout and didn't mind at all when I ate loads of macaroni and cheese at the beginning, and numerous vanilla milkshakes towards the end!

No comments:

family portrait

family portrait
we went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant - thank goodness I didn't cause a disturbance!